My Guide Website?
Guided Embera Indian Village Tour10 Reviews
Get a glimpse into the lives of Embera Indian tribe. Travel in traditional dugout canoes up the Rio Chagres. Swim under a waterfall in the midst of the rainforest. Meet the chief of an Embera Indian Village and enjoy a lunch of fish and plantains.
- On this guided tour of an Embera Indian Village, get a glimpse into the traditional lives of people most travellers will never experience
- Travel up the Rio Chagres in a traditional dugout canoe as your guide points out the beautiful sights of the dense rainforest that surrounds you
- Enjoy a hike to a beautiful waterfall in the midst of the rainforest and swim in the blue waters beneath it
- Visit the village of the Embera Indians, whose people will gladly give you a glimpse into the traditional lives they lead today
- Meet the village’s chief and enjoy a delicious lunch of fish and plantains made for you by the Embera women
- Spend the afternoon taking in a traditional dance, purchasing the Embera Indians’ beautiful handicrafts and getting a temporary Embera tattoo
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off, as well as National Park entrance fees are included
DescriptionOn this guided tour of an Embera Indian Village, get a glimpse into the lives of people most tourists of Panama City will never experience. You will begin your day with complimentary pick-up at your Panama City hotel. Your bilingual guide will outline the day to you as you travel north towards Lake Alajuela. Upon arrival you will step aboard traditional dugout canoes, which will carry you up the Rio Chagres. As you travel up the river you will take in the fascinating sights of the dense jungle that surrounds you. Upriver, you will disembark and enjoy a short hike to a beautiful waterfall in the midst of the rainforest. Miles away from civilization, take in this breathtaking tropical paradise. Here you are encouraged to take a swim in the refreshing waters just beneath the waterfall. After your dip, you will be taken to visit the village of the Embera Indians. The Embera Indians are one of seven indigenous tribes in Panama. The welcoming people of the Embera tribe will welcome you at the pier and gladly give you a glimpse into the traditional lives they still lead today. You will also be visited by the village chief, who will be happy to provide you a brief explanation on the history of the tribe, its traditions, culture, beliefs and way of life. A traditional lunch of fish and plantains will be prepared for your enjoyment by the Embera women. In the afternoon you will be treated to a traditional dance and have the opportunity to purchase some of the tribe’s handicrafts. The sale of these local products directly benefits the village and helps to pay the school fees for the village’s children. If you are feeling particularly daring, one of the villagers will be happy to paint a temporary Embera tattoo on your arm or leg. Authentic and socially conscious, this tour is a must-do for any travelers looking to explore the road-less-travelled in Panama.
IncludesTransportation Panama City hotel pick-up and drop-off National Park entrance fees Bilingual guide (Spanish and English) Lunch
Tour fee Gratuities
- Guides who speak German, French and Italian available upon request
- Wear solid walking shoes and comfortable clothing
- Do not forget to bring your bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat and camera
- Tour may be muddy in some parts
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now