My Guide Website?
Panama City: Embera Indigenous Village Experience18 Reviews
Discover the vibrant culture of the Embera people on a guided village tour departing from Panama City. Navigate the Chagres River aboard a traditional canoe and taste a delicious meal.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Panama:If youʻre booking your trip to Panama last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Taste a traditional lunch prepared by the local Embera people
- Take a canoe trip along the Chagres River and gaze at the natural scenery
- Discover the ancient Embera traditions with a visit to a small village
- Witness a live performance of iconic indigenous dances and music
- Enjoy a roundtrip transfer from Panama City and interact with local culture
DescriptionFollowing pickup from your hotel, you will travel to Alajuela Lake where you will board a piragua, a traditional indigenous canoe in the Chagres River. Following that, head to Tusipono Embera, a small traditional village located on the bank of the Chagres River in the middle of the rainforest. There the Emberas will show you their traditions, including their way of dressing and how they elaborate their handcrafts. They will then perform their traditional dances and music, before you are provided with some time to interact directly with them. You'll finally enjoy a local lunch as prepared by the Embera community, before being returned to your tour starting point. Note: The Embera community suffered a fire and several houses were affected. With your visit you will be contributing to the reconstruction of the damaged houses.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Canoe trip on the Chagres River Visit to the Embera Village Lunch
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility