My Guide Website?
Panama City: Embera Tribe Day Trip with Rainforest Eco Tour19 Reviews
Learn about and meet the indigenous Embera people in a beautiful natural setting. After a canoe ride down the river, explore the village, watch a dance performance, and enjoy a traditional lunch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Panama:If youʻre booking your trip to Panama last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the village of the ancient Embera Tribe
- Take a beautiful panoramic ride through a national park
- Learn about life in the Embera community and taste a traditional meal
- Canoe ride along the main river that connects to the Panama Canal
DescriptionRide a canoe up the Chagres River, and visit the traditional Embera village on a full-day tour. Learn about their traditional food, see their lively dances, and immerse yourself in their fascinating traditions. Start with a pickup and a 1-hour drive from Panama City to the Chagres River, the largest river in the Panama Canal watershed. Board a motorized canoe for a 20-minute trip along the river, then stretch your legs on a short walk around the community. Return to the canoe for the 45-minute ride to an Embera village, who have traditionally lived and worked at the edge of rivers, and are known throughout Panama for their distinctive songs, dances, and costumes. The Embera tribe originates from the Darien region in Panama and the Choco region of Colombia. They have lived in this area for centuries, long before the first Spanish explorer set foot in the new world. You’ll have 2 hours to explore the village, get to know some local people, and learn about life in the community. Sit down for a traditional lunch, then watch a dance that depicts the Embera's relationship with the natural world. Before departing the village, shop for traditional handicrafts and souvenirs made by the local people. Head back down the river by canoe, and board the vehicle for the return trip to Panama City.
IncludesAir-conditioned transportation Lunch (fried fish and plantain) Seasonal fruits Water
- On this tour you might be merged with another group at the Embera site
- Tour can include some activities that can be challenging for very young children. The suggested age is 2+ years old
- Please bring US Dollars in cash as you need to pay a $35 per person to the guide. This is for Embera fee and Park fee.