My Guide Website?
Panama: Embera Indigenous Village Private Tour4 Reviews
Embark on a unique experience through rivers and jungles to visit the village of the Embera tribe and learn about their culture as well as taste a traditional meal.
- Visit the village of the ancient Embera Tribe
- Take a beautiful panoramic ride through a national park
- Learn about life in the Embera community and taste a traditional meal
- Canoe ride along the main river that connects to the Panama Canal
- Walk in the lush jungles and swim in refreshing waterfalls
DescriptionRide a canoe up the Chagres River, walk to a jungle waterfall, and visit the traditional Embera village on a full-day tour. Learn about their traditional food, see their lively dances, and immerse yourself in their fascinating traditions. Start with a pickup and a 1-hour drive from Panama City to the Chagres River, the largest river in the Panama Canal watershed. Board a motorized canoe for a 20-minute trip along the river, then stretch your legs on a short walk around the community , where if weather conditions permit, you can take a dip in a small river. Return to the canoe for the 45-minute ride to an Embera village, who have traditionally lived and worked at the edge of rivers, and are known throughout Panama for their distinctive songs, dances, and costumes. The Embera tribe originates from the Darien region in Panama and the Choco region of Colombia. They have lived in this area for centuries, long before the first Spanish explorer set foot in the new world. You’ll have 3-hours to explore the village, get to know some local people, and learn about life in the community. Sit down for a traditional lunch, then watch a dance that depicts the Embera's relationship with the natural world. Before departing the village, shop for traditional handicrafts and souvenirs made by the local people. Head back down the river by canoe, and board the vehicle for the return trip to Panama City.
IncludesPickup and drop-off service Private transport by air-conditioned vehicle Private guide Embera community entry fee Water Traditional lunch (based on fish and plantain)
- On this tour you might be merged with another group at the Embera site however your private guide will be with you at all times and your transportation will also be private
- Swimming is possible at the waterfalls (depending on water and weather conditions)
- Tour can include some activities that can be challenging for very young children. The suggested age is 8+ years old