My Guide Website?
Panama Mamoni River Full-Day White Water Rafting
Raft the class III-IV rapids of the Mamoni River on a 10-hour white water rafting expedition from Panama City. Naviagte your way through strips of primary and secondary rainforest, and enjoy the immense biodiversity of Panama’s wilderness.
- White water raft the class III-IV rapids of the Mamoni River
- See some of the last strips of primary and secondary rainforest in the area
- Listen out for monkeys and birds in the wilderness
- Fight your way through the roaring waves of the river
DescriptionThe Mamoni River was pioneered for rafting and kayaking in January 1998, making it one of the world’s newer and less-explored white water rafting rivers. On this full-day tour from Panama City you will transfer to the river and raft the spectacular class III-IV rapids. En route, go through Eco Farms Panama, an organization committed to the conservation and restoration of tropical rainforest in the Mamoni River region. The main economic activities in the area are gold panning, cattle farms, subsistence farming, forestry, and banana plantations. Travel through the last remaining strips of primary and secondary forests in the area, used by scientists to conduct research about the tropical biodiversity. Then, feel the strength of the waves as you paddle the river in your inflatable raft. For safety reasons, there are a couple of passes that you will need to hike, including a beautiful Class V+ fall. Drift through the dense forest to the sounds of the birds, chattering monkeys, and roar of the river as it fights its way through the canyon walls.
IncludesTransportation Rafts/kayaks and gear Guide Lunch Local taxes and fees
- Please bring a swimsuit, sunglasses/hat, and sunscreen. It is also recommended you bring dry clothes for the return trip
- The Itinerary may vary depending on the water level
- It is mandatory for every participant to bring along ID that confirms that he/she is legally in Panama (such as a stamped passport). You will pass through an immigration check point close to Chepo on the road, and if you do not have proper ID, you will be under immigration custody!