My Guide Website?
Walking Panama City3 Reviews
Get an authentic glimpse of Panama City on a full-day walking tour of the lively capital. Walk through the busy Central Avenue to the Colonial Quarter, and stop at the popular Fishmarket.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Panama:If youʻre booking your trip to Panama last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Ride in a chicken bus and experience the chaos of Panama City's public transport
- See Panamanian daily life at Central Avenue
- Try freshly pressed sugar cane juice at a street stall
- Admire the Colonial architecture in the Casco Antiguo district
- Have a seafood lunch at Panama City's Fishmarket
DescriptionExplore Panama City and its rich culture on a full-day walking tour. You will also experience riding in Panama's public buses, known as Diablos Rojos (red devils), on a journey that takes you away from the tourist spots and into the heart of the city. In the morning, start with a bus ride from your hotel to the 5 de Mayo Square. From there, start walking on Central Avenue, a pedestrian area with local shops, restaurants, and people selling everything from fresh fruits to cheap watches. Visit the Café Coca Cola, a historical café where politicians used to meet to make important decisions. Head to Casco Antiguo, Panama City's colonial district. Walk through the narrow streets and admire the buildings from the 18th and 19th centuries. Continue to the famous Fishmarket, where you can get the freshest fish and seafood in town. Enjoy a nice lunch (not included) then continue to Panama Viejo. Panama Viejo was the first European settlement on the Pacific coast of the Americas. This first Panama City was looted and destroyed by the notorious English buccaneer Henry Morgan in 1671 and then abandoned. Today there are only ruins left. Still, the tower of the ancient cathedral is standing and has become a landmark of the town. Together with your guide, you will walk through the ruins and climb the tower.
IncludesTransportation in public buses Bilingual guide (English and Spanish) Entrance fees
- On this tour you will be walking for approximately 3-4 hours and the sun in Panama can be strong. Make sure to put on sunscreen and wear a hat even if it's a cloudy day. You will also mingle with locals on this tour. Although it is safe, please avoid bringing backpacks, large sums of money, big cameras, and flashy jewelry on this tour. Guides in English or Spanish lenguages.