My Guide Website?
Monkey Island tour inside the Panama Canal1 Reviews
On this Monkey Island tour, you will experience first hand being inside the Panama Canal while immersing yourself in its intriguing history and the abundant wildlife all around you.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Panama:If youʻre booking your trip to Panama last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Gaze at the gigantic ships effortlessly passing us in the Panama Canal
- Get up close and personal with up to four different species of monkeys
- Discover many other wild animals including crocodiles, toucans, sloths, iguanas
- Watch the monkeys climbing all over the boat looking to be fed
DescriptionBetween 6:30am and 7:00 am, your personal guide and driver will meet you at your Panama City lodging (Please wait in the lobby of your lodging starting at 6:30am. We start our Monkey Island Panama tour earlier than others to see more monkeys before their bellies are full from tourists feeding them). As you commence the 40 minute drive, you will have the chance to see the old, colonial American neighborhoods, which served as homes for the Canal construction families and we will pass the famous Culebra Cut. As we arrive at the shores of Lake Gatun you will be greeted by the dense rainforest and all its intriguing sights and sounds. We will embark with our boat into the Chagres River, which will lead us into the artificially created Gatun lake, which is a hotspot for biodiversity, giving you the chance to spot wildlife such as the coati, howler monkeys, squirrels and sloths, as well as beautiful birds like the toucan and parrots. Our path takes us mostly parallel to the Canal and into Soberanía National Park on our way to the Gamboa Public Docks, where the Chagres River meets the Panama Canal. A couple of minutes into the boat ride, we enter the Canal and take a quick ride past the Dredging Division's facilities and along the shipping lane (and past a large ship or three) toward the Monkey Island area. Needless to say, thanks to Panama’s abundant biodiversity, a bit of luck, and your boat captains’ uncannily sharp eyes will give you plenty more to look for, so keep that camera handy at all times As we land on the Monkey Island, listen for the different primate sounds and the rustling in the trees as monkeys jump amongst the branches. Prepare for monkeys to come up to you and inspect your clothes, hats and bags. Being surrounded by these magnificent creatures will be an unforgettable experience and give you many photo opportunities. At 10am, we start to make our way back to our tour starting point and back to Panama City.
IncludesShared car/boat transportation English speaking tour guide Boat tour through Panama Canal Gatun Lake Bottled water
- IMPORTANT - FOR LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS ONLY: You need to obtain a verbal confirmation from our office to confirm your tour. If you have not received our confirmation or an itinerary from our office team, the tour is NOT CONFIRMED and it will be scheduled for the following day. This tour will take place rain or shine. Please provide WhatsApp # and Hotel information upon booking