Panama City: 1-Night San Blas Islands in Sea Huts
Discover the San Blas Islands and relax in a typical rustic bungalow over water, hosted by a native Guna family. Take a tour to visit Perro Chico Island's sunken boat and natural swimming pool. Enjoy your days with free kayaks, snorkeling, and swimming.
- Sleep in amazing bungalows perched over the water with terraces to the ocean
- Go kayaking, swimming, and paddling by the San Blas Islands
- Visit Perro Chico's sunken boat and natural swimming pool
- Taste freshly-caught local fish
DescriptionSpend a full day and night on the San Blas Islands: swim, kayak, and paddle out on the water and overnight in a bungalow on stilts or on the beach. San Blas is an indigenous zone, so prepare for a rustic time. There’s no hot water, Wi-Fi, electricity, or other amenities, so you’ll spend 2 days experiencing what life is like for the Gunas. On the morning of Day 1, you’ll be picked up at 5:20 AM from the lobby of your Panama City hotel and taken on a 2.5-hour trip by 4WD over the San Blas hills up to Port Tupile. From there, take a typical Guna boat on a 30-minute ride to paradise over turquoise waters. Arrive on the white sand beach where you’ll spend 2 days and 1 night in a bungalow over the water or right on the beach. The Waily Lodge Islands bungalows are rustic and simple, but provide private bathrooms and real wooden floors. On the island, taste the catch of the day around mid-day and then take a tour with a guide to Perro Chico, where you can snorkel in a sunken boat full of colorful fish. Then, visit a natural swimming pool and spot starfish and other marine wildlife. Spend the rest of the time kayaking, paddle-boarding, or just relaxing on the beach. On Day 2, enjoy breakfast and transportation back to Panama City around 8:30 AM, arriving around 1:00 PM to your hotel.
IncludesRound-trip transportation from Panama City Private bungalow with private bathroom 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner 1 guided tour Kayaks and snorkeling equipment Drinks Entry and port tax to San Blas Islands ($22 USD per person) Islands tax ($3 USD per person)
- • Please note that this is not a luxury tour: San Blas Islands is an indigenous protected zone. All services and accommodations are rustic - this is part of the adventure. • Infants between 0-4 years are free, but they will need to travel in a parent's lap during ground transportation, and meals are not provided. Upon booking, you will have the option to select an infant car seat and child meals as add-ons.
- Credit cards are not accepted on the island.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability