My Guide Website?
Panama: Panama Canal, Colón Rainforest and San Lorenzo Fort81 Reviews
Get back to nature in a Caribbean rainforest and learn more about the historic San Lorenzo Fort on a day trip from Panama City. See the new Panama Canal locks built to support the passage of super tankers and large cargo ships.
- See the native wildlife of a Caribbean rainforest
- Learn the history of San Lorenzo Fort
- Visit the Panama Canal expansion at Agua Clara
DescriptionExplore the Panamanian rainforest and walk in the footsteps of the Spanish settlers of the early 19th century. Learn the history of the pirates, visit the new lock system for tankers and cargo ships, and see various forest wildlife. Benefit from pick-up at your hotel in Panama City, and then journey by air-conditioned vehicle for approximately 1 hour as you make your way to Colón. First visit the Agua Clara Canal expansion to spend about 1 hour learning about the new canal system, built to support the passage of supertankers and large cargo ships as they pass along the Panama Canal. After the Canal visit, cross the new Atlantic bridge heading to the rainforest, and then get back to nature as you explore the ecological paradise by minibus. Discover the home of different species of mammals, reptiles and amphibious species. Observe the amazing wildlife in their natural habitat, and enjoy plenty of stops to take souvenir photos. Next, go to the historic monument of San Lorenzo Fort, renowned for preventing attacks by the real pirates of the Caribbean for almost 75 years. Learn the history of the fort, now in ruins after the Spanish largely abandoned it in the mid 19th century. Later, continue the ride into the rainforest to find more animals, and as an option, you can take a 20-minute walk with a machete along a jungle trail to experience the rainforest like the Spaniards 500 years ago.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Transportation by air-conditioned minivan or minibus Professional driver Soda, water or local beer Fresh local fruit
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour may be operated by a multilingual guide
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and bring a towel, sunscreen, your sunglasses, insect repellent and a camera