Panama: Panama Canal, Colón Rainforest and San Lorenzo Fort57 Reviews
Get back to nature in a Caribbean rainforest and learn more about the historic San Lorenzo Fort on a day trip from Panama City. See the new Panama Canal locks built to support the passage of super tankers and large cargo ships.
- See the native wildlife of a Caribbean rainforest
- Learn the history of San Lorenzo Fort
- Visit the Panama Canal expansion at Agua Clara
DescriptionBenefit from pick-up at your hotel in Panama City, and then journey by air-conditioned vehicle for approximately 1.5 hours as you make your way to Colón. Upon arrival, board a ferry for the 20-minute crossing to a rainforest, and then get back to nature as you explore the ecological paradise by minibus. Discover the home to 159 different species of mammals, 98 species of reptiles and 65 amphibious species. Observe the amazing wildlife in their natural habitat, and enjoy plenty of stops to take souvenir photos. Next, go to the historic monument of San Lorenzo Fort, renowned for preventing attacks by the real pirates of the Caribbean for almost 75 years! Learn the history of the fort, now in ruins after the Spanish largely abandoned it in the mid 19th century. Continue to Agua Clara to spend about 45 minutes learning about the new canal system, built to support the passage of super tankers and large cargo ships as they pass along the Panama Canal.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Transportation by air-conditioned minivan or minibus Professional driver Soda, water or local beer Fresh local fruit Entrance fee to San Lorenzo National Park Entrance fee to the Panama Canal expansion Lunch
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour may be operated by a multilingual guide
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and bring a towel, sunscreen, your sunglasses, insect repellent and a camera
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability