The Teatro Amador was built in 1908 and inaugurated in 1912. The building has its bases on the land of the Panama Railroad Company.
On the upper floor, it served as the residence of the Linares family, and the movie theater located on its lower floor was leased by (The Amador Amusement Company) whose administrators were: Juan de Dios Amador, A. Muller, and R. Wilcox.
For many years, the theater served as a movie theater, being one of the first in Panama and silent films of the time were projected in it.
During the following years, the Theater changed several owners and was rented several times, one of them was the home of President Arnulfo Arias Madrid. After the invasion, the Theater was abandoned until its restoration in 2012.
Currently, Teatro Amador is a platform for cultural entertainment, where we present a wide variety of musical, artistic, social, educational, corporate events, among others.
Avenida Central entre Calle 11 Y 13, Casco Antiguo, Panama CityView Larger Map