Are you a business owner in Panama?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Panama.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
Directions to Biomuseo Panama
Designed by the world-renowned architect Frank Gehry, the Biomuseo is his first work in Latin America and in the tropics. The building was designed to tell the story of how the Isthmus of Panama emerged from the sea, uniting two continents, separating a large ocean in two and changing the biodiversity of the planet forever. The 4000-square-meter museum contains eight permanent exhibition galleries designed by Bruce Mau Design. In addition to the main spaces, the museum includes a public atrium, a space for temporary exhibitions, a shop, a cafeteria and multiple outdoor exhibitions arranged in a botanical park. The permanent exhibition is a combination of art and science, which will give visitors the feeling of being in front of an amazing phenomenon.
Biomuseo is located on the Calzada de Amador, a prominent area at the entrance to the Panama Canal in the Pacific Ocean. From the Biomuseo you can clearly see the profile of the modern city, Casco Antiguo, Cerro Ancón and Puente de las Américas. The area was restricted to Panamanians while the old Canal Zone operated.
- The Biodiversity Park is a living extension of the architecture of the museum, its exhibitions and programs. An oasis with diverse experiences: shade and shelter, a safe place to observe nature, a place to learn and to celebrate. A selection of endemic and native plants will continue to tell the stories that began in the central exhibition tour. Each plant is chosen for its natural beauty, its adaptation to the site and the legend it tells us; whether about the history of Panama, food, housing, symbiotic relationships, fruits or flowers.
- Biodiversity Gallery: An introduction to the subject of biodiversity and the work of local scientists, with a large multicolored glass wall, 14 meters long and 8 meters high, will display images of the plants and animals of the country
- Panamarama: A projection space of three heights and ten screens will immerse the visitor in an audiovisual presentation of the natural wonders of Panama
- The Surge Bridge: An installation that includes three rock formations 14 meters high, illustrates the emergence of the isthmus and its effect on climate and evolution
- The Great Exchange: Two large sculptural groups of animals represent the megafauna that was part of the great exchange of species that took place between North and South America when they joined the isthmus of Panama after 70 million years of separation
- The Human Footprint: In a partially open outdoor space, 16 columns will tell the story of humans on the isthmus and their interactions with the nature of Panama from 15,000 years ago to the present day
- Divided Oceans: Two semi-cylindrical high-altitude aquariums will show how the Pacific and the Caribbean evolved drastically differently when separated by the creation of the isthmus
- The Living Network: A dramatic sculpture - at the same time plant, animal, insect and microorganism - will produce in the visitor the effect of being in a dimension where all creatures have the same importance
- Panama is the Museum: This gallery, which serves as an interface between the interior spaces of the Biomuseo and the Biodiversity Park, will help visitors to program their true journey through the biodiversity of Panama
HOW TO GET:
- Calzada de Amador, just after the Plaza de las Banderas. The parking lots are in front of the old club of Oﬁciales.
- More information you can find on there official website
You may also like
The Santa Maria Luxury Collection HotelCosta del Este, Panama, Panama City
The Santa Maria, a Luxury Collection Hotel & Golf Resort in Panama City, offers a fitness center and garden, located in Panama City, 14 km from Rod Carew National Stadium. In addition, it has a 24-hour reception and restaurant. There is free WiFi and an ATM. The rooms at the Santa Maria Hotel have a closet, a flat-screen TV and air conditioning. A buffet or continental breakfast is served daily. It has a business center and tour desk with ticket service and excursion organization.
Grupo VerdeAzul is an investment company that owns and operates real estate and hospitality assets, invests capital in new companies and manages a substantial portfolio of liquid and illiquid assets. Always striving to be a premier company by investing, developing, managing and financing a variety of assets from various market segments,
La FabricaPanama City
La Fábrica is an authentic brewery and gastro bar whose originality lies in the craftsmanship of practically all its gastronomic offer, from the varied beers that supply the creative handmade siphons...
JW Marriott HotelPunta Pacifica, Panama City,
This 5-star hotel, located on the Bay of Panama, has several restaurants. The rooms are spacious and modern, have a private balcony and offer views of the ocean. The JW Marriott Panama has a spacious pool area, as well as a terrace area with a restaurant facing the water. In the hotel there is a complete floor that houses design stores.
The Spa at BristolCalle 50, Panama City, Panama City
The Spa at Bristol offers wellness, health & relaxation. Customers will have an amazing when they enter into The Spa at the 25 floor of the Bristol Tower. The Bristol Hotel's commitment is to recover a complete state of wellness through a range of manual therapy, therapeutic and relaxation techniques.
Pols AttorneysObarrio, Panama City, Panama City
Located in one of the most important financial, maritime and commercial epicenters of the world, the mission of their office in Panama City is to provide the highest quality legal advice and service response capacity using the vast knowledge and experience available through of the variety and scope of legal services offerings.
Buenaventura Golf & Beach Resort PanamaBuenaventura, Cocle, Panama
JW Marriott Panama Golf & Beach Resort is a high end resort in a beautiful beach community with refined elegance, impeccable service and high level comfort. This accommodation is 11 minutes walk from the beach. This establishment is located in Panama.
CaliopeCasco Antiguo, Panama City, Panama City
Chef, Martino Pace, with experience in Italy, together with the Executive Chef of the Tantalo Group Pierre de Janon have combined their creativity and experience to provide a unique gastronomic adventure...
VPiso by Tomillo PanamaCasco Antiguo, Panama City,
Given that Panama City, Panama is blessed with year-round warm weather, what better way to enjoy the delightfully brisk air, than with a cocktail in hand? Recently opened V Piso is a welcome addition to the Casco rooftop bar scene. Perched luxuriously above Restaurante Tomillo, you could make a stopover here for Tapas and a tequila sunrise.
The Strangers ClubCasco Antiguo, Panama City,
The Strangers Club opened at the end of June 2017 in the Casco Viejo neighborhood of Panama City. The name is an homage to the original Strangers Club, which was in Colon from the beginning of the 20th century up until the 1970s.