6-Hour Panama Canal Ship Cruise31 Reviews
Sail a section of the massive Panama Canal on board a cruise ship. Travel through the Cut on the way to the Pedro Miguel Locks and on to the Pacific Ocean. Admire the extraordinary feat of engineering up close and see the new Centennial Bridge.
- Cruise through a partial section of the Panama Canal to admire the amazing feat of engineering up close
- Pass through the Miraflores and Pedro Miguel Locks
- Hear about the canal's construction and future plans for expansion from an expert guide
- Sail to the Pacific Ocean marina at Flamenco
- See the new Centennial Bridge
DescriptionExperience the Panama Canal in the most authentic way, by crossing it on board a ship. This 6-hour tour from Panama City will take you to the world famous Miraflores Locks, where you can watch huge ocean-going vessels transiting the canal just a few feet away. Your partial Panama Canal transit starts with a coach ride to Gamboa, where the Panama Canal Dredging Division is located. On arrival, board the cruise ship and enter the canal at the north end of Gaillard Cut, where the Chagres River flows into the canal. The Gaillard Cut, also known as Culebra Cut due to its serpent-like curve, was carved through the Continental Divide, making it one of the canal’s most popular attractions. Travel for 8.2 miles (13.7 kilometers) on the way to Pedro Miguel Locks. As you transit the Cut you will observe the continuous maintenance that the area requires, and the work in progress for the Panama Canal expansion project. View the new Centennial Bridge before you enter Pedro Miguel Locks. Here your vessel will be lowered 29.5 feet (9 meters) in one step. You will then enter Miraflores Lake, a small artificial body of fresh water that separates Pedro Miguel from Miraflores Locks. At Miraflores Locks the vessel will be lowered another 52.5 feet (16 meters) in 2 distinct steps. Once at the Pacific Ocean, sail to the beautiful Flamenco Marina to disembark. On the way to Flamenco, pass under the Bridge of the Americas, and admire the Bay of Panama and Panama City's spectacular skyline.
IncludesTransportation from and to Panama City hotels English speaking guide Lunch Soft drinks and water Gratuities (optional)
- Please bring comfortable clothes and shoes, a camera, hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses. This tour does not operate daily; please check the canal transit schedule to see the availability. Due to the low water levels in the Gatun Lake, which provides all the water for canal operations, the Panama Canal has implemented strict water conservation guidelines. These measures restrict transit schedules and may cause changes in tour departure times. Please contact the tour operator the day before your tour to reconfirm check-in and departure times.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability