Panama City: Panama Canal and Gatun Lake Jungle Eco Cruise
Get up close with the Panama Canal and the abundance of wildlife on its shores. Enjoy a cruise in a boat directly alongside the transiting ships. Visit islands in Gatun Lake that are filled with varied wildlife.
- Take in magnificient views as you cruise Gatun Lake and the Panama Canal
- Spot some fantastic wildlife such as tamarin monkeys and toucans
- Escape the crowds and visit remote islands around the lake
- Benefit from hassle-free, round-trip transfers by minivan from Panama City
DescriptionBegin your tour with hotel pickup in central Panama City. Travel to Panama Canal north to the town of Gamboa, where the Chagres River meets the canal. Ride along the waters of the Panama Canal right next to the ships passing through on their way to the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Then, head to Gatun Lake, a large artificial lake created in 1907. Cruise around islands created during the canal construction and see the abundant wildlife on its shores. Also visit the famous Monkey Islands where you can see capuchins, howlers, and tamarins up-close in their natural habitat. Once you finish with the canal and Monkey Island boat tour (around 90 minutes), get dropped off back at your hotel in Panama City.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off from central Panama City Entrance fees English-speaking tour guide Rainforest walk Boat ride on Lake Gatun and the Panama Canal Visit to Monkey Island Bottled drinking water Coffee break Service tax Gratuities
- • This tour will take place rain or shine • Please keep in mind that this is not a transit tour, so you won't travel by boat inside the locks • Due to heavy traffic, pickup is not included from hotels located near Amador Causeway, Clayton (City of Knowledge), Playa Bonita, Playa Blanca, Rio Hato, Metromall, or Tocumen Airport
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability