My Guide Website?
Panama City: Panama Canal Eco Cruise and Embera Village Tour
Take a boat ride down the Panama Canal and see transiting ships as well as the abundant wildlife on its shores. Embark on a canoe ride along the upper reaches of the Chagres River, ending with a visit to the indigenous Embera Village of Embera Drua.
- Explore the Panama Canal on a boat trip
- Cruise along the waterways and lakes that make up the famous Panama Canal
- Scout for howlers, capuchins, tamarins, crocodiles and bird life on the islands of Gatun Lake
- Learn about the indigenous cultures of the Chagres National Park on a dugout canoe
DescriptionBegin your tour with hotel pickup. Follow the Panama Canal north to the town of Gamboa, where the Chagres River meets the canal. Begin your 90-minute cruise from a boat on the waters of the canal and Gatun Lake, riding along the canal near the ships passing through. Enjoy an up-close view of the abundant wildlife on the shores. Visit the famous Monkey Islands where you can see capuchins, howlers, and tamarins. Once you finish your canal and lake boat ride, head 1-hour northeast to the rugged and remote Chagres National Park. Once you arrive at Puerto Corotu on the banks of Lake Alajuela, the indigenous Embera people will be waiting to take you up the Chagres River aboard their version of a motorized dugout canoe. From the canoe, witness pristine rain forest that is protected as part of the Panama Canal watershed. Discover one of the most biologically diverse national parks in the world, home to jaguars, harpy eagles, tapirs, monkeys, sloths, and hundreds of bird species. Arrive at the indigenous village where the hosts will be waiting. Learn about the local way of life with a cultural presentation and take the opportunity to explore the village. Enjoy a light lunch of fried fish, plantains, and fresh fruit prepared by the locals. Browse for traditional handicrafts and receive traditional temporary tattoos, which will fade away after a few days. Hop back in the canoe and begin your journey back to Panama City.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off from central Panama City Boat ride on Panama Canal and Gatun Lake Visit to Monkey Island Chagres National Park motorized canoe ride Embera village visit with cultural presentation Freshly prepared lunch English-speaking tour guide
- Please, keep in mind that this is not a transit tour, so you won't travel by boat inside the locks
- Due to heavy traffic, pickup is not included from hotels located near Amador Causeway, Clayton (City of Knowledge), Playa Bonita, Playa Blanca, Rio Hato, Metromall, or Tocumen Airport
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking, as well as vegetarian
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now