PANAMA FILM MATCH
First Central American and Caribbean Co-production ForumPanama Film Match is the first co-production forum in Central America and the Caribbean that seeks to bring the region's developing film projects together with producers, distributors, sales agents and other members of the international film industry to build networks and put the region's developing projects on the path to completion and access to production funds from the rest of the world.
The co-production forum aims to be a meeting place and artistic, economic and creative cooperation between the countries of this special region of the world, whose nascent film industry needs the support and commitment of a consolidated entity like the IFF Panama Foundation, the engine of the IFF Panama film festival with a sustained and strong growth in the last nine years of existence.
Through the promotion of co-production and access to international film funds and markets, Panama Film Match will organize personalized meetings with potential investors, producers, distributors, international sales agents and industry guests participating in the festival.
Panama Film Match
Panama Film Match will also be a tool for producers and directors from the region to expand their network of contacts and access international funds that support co-productions, markets, festivals and decision makers in the film industry, who meet in Panama every year to celebrate the seventh art. This forum is made possible thanks to funding from BID Lab.
In addition, the Panama Film Match will award a $10,000.00 prize to one of the selected projects that makes the best pitch in front of an appropriate jury from the film industry. This important award will be used for script development, research and writing of the project. The alliance between the IFF Panama Foundation (FIP) and BID Lab, within the framework of the Panama Film Match, confirms the commitment of both entities to strengthen the regional film industry, which consolidates the identity of our people and invigorates the economies of our countries.
- Forum: March 30 to April 1, 2020
- Call for applications: Opening on 4 December 2019. Closing 15 January 2020
- Announcement of selected projects: 12 February 2020
RULES OF THE CALL:
A maximum of 10 projects from the region will participate in the forum (Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bonaire, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Cayman Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, British Virgin Islands, United States Virgin Islands, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, St. Barthélemy, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Eustatius, St. Martin, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago)
Fiction and documentary feature film projects will be received, with a script outline and at least 20 percent funding already secured.
Send the folder in English and Spanish to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The projects selected to participate in the forum commit themselves to include the logo of the Panama Film Match in the film's credits.
The folder must include the following:
- Name of the project
- Country of origin, gender, estimated duration
- Short synopsis (one page)
- Treatment (7 to 10 pages)
- Draft Script
- Bio and filmography of the director (sample of a previous work, short or feature film)
- Bio and filmography of the producer (sample of a previous work, short or feature film)
- Financing plan and budget
- State of the project
- Calendar with estimated dates for pre-production, production, post-production, release and distribution
- Additional information to take into account (awards, partners, possible national or foreign co-producers
- Letter of Intent Why are you interested in applying to Panama Film Match 2020?
- There is no cost to apply.